Trinity Alliance CORE services provide person-centered and recovery-oriented supports that help to meet the needs of people who prefer to receive long-term care services and supports in their home or community, rather than in an institutional setting.
CORE Services provide opportunities for eligible adult Medicaid beneficiaries with serious mental illness and/or substance use disorders to receive services in their own home or community to support them build skills and self-efficacy that promote and facilitate community participation and independence.
We provide CORE services in the following areas:
- Family Support & Training (FST)
Trinity Alliance facilitates family engagement and active participation in the treatment planning process to reinforce life and relationship skills learned throughout the recovery process.
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR)
Trinity Alliance supports individuals with compensating for, or eliminating functional challenges and interpersonal and/or environmental barriers associated with their behavioral health goals.
Eligibility: Who is eligible for CORE
Eligibility for CORE Services is based on three criteria:
- The individual must be HARP Eligible | 21 years and older
- The individual must be enrolled in a HARP or HIV-Special Needs Plan (SNP); and
- The services must be recommended by a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA)
Adult Health Homes , Unity House, Alliance for Positive Health, Catholic Charities, Whitney Young, etc. For self referral, participants should contact their Medicaid Health and Recovery Plan or Behavioral Health service provider
- HARP members may learn about CORE Services through any number of sources.
- The Managed Care Organization (MCO), Health Home Care Manager (HHCM), inpatient and outpatient clinicians, primary care practitioners, family and friends, or self referral
- Once a HARP member expresses an interest in receiving the services, they may work with any qualified Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA) to establish eligibility and obtain a recommendation for services.
- The client will thereafter be assigned with a CORE provider
- CORE provider makes contact within 7 days.
- A CORE prior and/or continuing authorization request form is completed.
- An intake is completed by CORE provider
- The CORE provider is responsible for notifying an individual’s MCO within three (3) business days after their first Intake & Evaluation session. This notification is completed using the Provider Service Initiation Notification template, which can be submitted electronically to the individual’s MCO. (must be secure email)
- Upload consents, service plan, scope duration and frequency form into Awards
- Meet with client based on service plan. (all meetings MUST BE goal oriented)
- Maintain communication with care coordinator at least twice per month
15 Trinity Place
24 Hrs | 7 Days Wk
Antoinette N. Lawson
518-449-5155 ext. 126
Staff are required to complete:
- Trinity Alliance Litmos Training
- Trinity HCBS Training
- Trinity CORE Training
- Alliance for better Health
- Whitney Young
- Catholic Charities
- SUNY at Albany
- Foothold Technology
- Revenue Performance – Change Healthcare
Funding Sources: Contracted with CDPHP and Fidelis